Rottnest Island Bike & Hire
Discover Rottnest Island by bike. Cycling is a fun recreational activity for all ages and is environmentally friendly.
Rottnest Island Bike Hire is the largest facility of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere with over 1,300 bikes and specialty equipment available for hire.
Located on Rottnest Island behind Hotel Rottnest, we are open every day of the year. In addition to our large range of bikes and equipment, we provide helmets, locks, Island information and cycling advice. The Bike Hire team is trained to personally fit customers to bikes to ensure optimum comfort and safety.
Download Bike Hire Price List
Family fun recreational hire items
Hire a mask and snorkel set to view the amazing underwater marine life display that is on offer in all of our 63 bays.
Explore beautiful Thomson Bay the fun way by paddling on one of our paddleboards.
Young families can enjoy the small shore waves on a body board, and those over 18 can enjoy some of the famous surf breaks around the Island on one of our surf boards.
Family fun can continue with a beach soccer or cricket set too. Test your basketball skills at the brand new half court set up at Bathurst tennis courts. Baskeballs and new vuboards can be hired at Rottnest Island Bike & Hire.
We also have a large range of wetsuits available for hire along with life jackets in assorted sizes. Dive tanks refills is also available from Rottnest Island Bike & Hire.
Download Hire Equipment Price List
- Children’s bikes of various sizes (training wheels available)* see please note section below
- Quality multi-geared mountain bikes
- Tandem bikes
Bike & Bus
Ride your Rottnest Island Hire bike til you are tired -or if the weather changes- then jump on a Bayseeker and return to the settlement in climate-controlled comfort. Simply leave your bike at a numbered Bus Stop when you have had enough pedal power and we will collect your bike for you later.
At Rottnest Island Bike Hire we want to ensure that all our visitors are catered for, so we provide specialty equipment for guests requiring mobility assistance:
The disability buggy is free of charge to visitors and has the following conditions of use:
- Adult tricycles
- Electric scooters (Gophers)
- Beach Wheelchairs
- Disability buggy (conditions apply)
For further details regarding the Disability Buggy or to make a booking please call (08) 9372 9749.
- For use by visitors that are permanently confined to a wheelchair.
- The driver must have the appropriate driver’s license in order to drive the buggy with its hand controls.
- A carer is the only permitted passenger the driver can take with them; other visitors can take the Hop on Hop off Bayseeker service and meet at various vantage points.
- Prior to your visit, the RIA will need to view a copy of the driver’s license and process an Island driver’s license for you.
- The driver is require to take a short orientation/safety meeting with a Supervisor from the RIA Tours Office which will acquaint you with the most suitable circuit to get optimal viewing of the Island.
We also provide a range of accessories to suit your needs:
- Child trailers
- Surf board racks
- Cargo trailers
- Child seats
Refreshments and merchandise
- Bottled water and soft drinks
- Ice creams
- Bike parts and accessories
- The person signing the hire agreement must be 18 years of age or over.
- You may be asked to present identification.
- For safety reasons, our equipment is not suitable for infants under 12 months. Maximum weight restrictions apply to child trailers and baby seats.
- Bicycle helmets are required by law; these are supplied with all equipment hired.
- *Please contact Bike Hire in regards to children 5 years and over who require training wheels on their hire bikes. Current restrictions can lead to disappointment, so please check with us prior to your visit.
Rottnest Islands only call out/recovery vehicle service
In the event of tyre punctures or other problems, island cyclists can call our recovery service. Our vehicle will come to you anywhere on the island and replace the faulty equipment to get you back on the road as soon as possible. This service is free to Rottnest Island Bike Hire customers. Private bike owners, please call our friendly staff for our list of call out fees. Fees are dependent upon your location on the island.
The Bike Hire building encompasses a full mechanical workshop for ongoing repairs and maintenance for the fleet (and, during the low season, offers a general repair service for guest’s own bikes.) Island maps, courtesy chilled fountain water and advice on cycling safely are also available.
Special group packages
Discounts are available for certain community and school groups, conditions apply.
Ask about our guided cycle tours and group activity packages.
However we regret that we do not take group bookings in December or January. School groups please contact Bike Hire direct for booking information.
Open every day of the year. Opening hours vary seasonally.
Ph: 08 9292 5105
Fax; 08 9292 5108