Read the Ministerial Media Statement
Extended Stays - FAQ's
- What are the upfront costs?
- Will a bond be required for the extended stay?
- May I bring any of my personal furniture?
- Will guests have to remain in the accommodation at all times?
- What about travel to/from Rottnest during extended stays?
- What about laundry?
- Can I arrange for the accommodation to be cleaned during my stay?
- Is it possible to shorten the length of a booking?
- What about cancelling accommodation?
What are the upfront costs?
Payment for the first week of the stay will be required at time of booking with a further payment equivalent to 3 weeks required prior to arrival. Thereafter a payment equivalent to 2 weeks stay will be required every 2 weeks in order to maintain a one month credit.
Will a bond be required for the extended stay?
According to normal hotel/resort practice a valid credit card will be required against which charges would be made to cover any damage to the unit or in case of departure without notice.
May I bring any of my personal furniture?
Guests will be able to bring over their own furniture for the extended stay. Pelagic barge services will provide preferential rates for bringing over furniture and fittings. Prices to be confirmed.
Will guests have to remain in the accommodation at all times?
Registered guests will be required to sleep in the accommodation whilst it is occupied. However, the registered guest can be changed by completion of a simple form at the Visitor Centre. This will ensure that there is always a responsible and contactable key holder present.
What about travel to/from Rottnest during extended stays?
An agreed extended ferry fare has been negotiated with Rottnest Express of $45.00, available in a 10 ticket booklet. This rate will apply to the registered guest and up to 10 family and/or friends for the extent of the extended stay.
What about laundry?
An additional laundry facility is being considered for installation at the existing Kelly Street shower block for the exclusive use of extended stay guests.
Can I arrange for the accommodation to be cleaned during my stay?
A linen change and clean of the accommodation can be carried out at a cost of $50.00 for a 4 bed and $65.00 for a 6 bed unit by arrangement with the Visitor Centre.
Is it possible to shorten the length of a booking?
- A booking shortened with notice of 2 weeks or more – No fees apply.
- A booking shortened with notice of less than 2 weeks – A fee equal to 50% of weekly rate will apply.
- Any booking shortened to less than 8 weeks in length will result in the weekly charge being adjusted from the extended stay rate to the published rate for the accommodation which may result in additional charges being made.
What about cancelling accommodation?
A booking cancelled 2 weeks or more prior to arrival will incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the weekly rate. A booking cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to arrival will incur a cancellation fee equal 100% of the weekly rate.
Call Rottnest Island Reservations on (08) 9432 9111 Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5.00pm for further details.