Rottnest Island Carnivale proudly supporting Telethon!
Rottnest Island Carnivale is back again with a full day and night of festivities raising funds for our very important charity partner, Telethon.
Come over with your family and friends for an exciting island-wide celebration with loads of free entertainment and activities, outdoor cinema, live performances and a Halloween themed Food Village!
Take a look at last year's Event Program.
Attention film gurus! We are looking for budding film makers to come over and capture the action and excitement of Rottnest Island Carnivale on October 29th!
SPECIAL ferry tickets with part proceeds to Telethon - return tickets from $29! HURRY - TICKETS SELLING FAST!
Visit rottnestisland.com/carnivale-film-competition for more info...
- $29 same-day return from Fremantle (BShed & Northport) with Rottnest Express
- $39 same-day return from Hillarys Boat Harbour with Rottnest Fast Ferries
- $49 same-day return from Perth (Barrack St) with Rottnest Express
- $59 extended-stay return from Fremantle (BShed & Northport) with Rottnest Express
- $59 extended-stay return from Hillarys Boat Harbour with Rottnest Fast Ferries
Heavily reduced boating admission fees
- $5 (per person) admission fees available when paid at the Visitors Centre between 8.30am and 4.30pm, on Saturday 29 October 2016
Carnivale By Day (10am - 4pm) - A spectacular day of fun for families
From 10 - 4pm, the Island will be teaming with devious pirates, majestic mermaids, Telethon Adventurers and much, much more. Various event zones will be dotted around the Island with bundles of entertainment and activities for families and friends to enjoy.
Discount Bike Hire (Rottnest Island Pedal & Flipper)
Half day bike hire for just $10! There are two session times you can hire between:
8:30am - 12:30pm OR 12:30pm - 4:30pm.
Bike hire is on a first come, first serve basis so make sure you head straight to Pedal & Flipper to check availability as you come off your ferry.
Hotel Rottnest Activities
Entertainment such as Alley Games will be running from 1.00pm - 5.00pm.
A range of food options will be on offer, including a Bistro Menu between 12.00pm - 9.00pm and Spooky Pop Up - Halloween Inspired Food options from 3.00pm.
Activities at The Lodge (Karma Rottnest)
There are a range of treats on offer this year including Karma Spa between 10.00am and 4.00pm at The Basin, Poolside DJ and Tapas, $10 Cocktails with part proceeds going to Telethon and wicked Wine Tasting.
- Quokka mask making
- Yarns for youngsters
- Face painting
- Kite making
- Sustainability activities
- Food theatre by The Forever Project
- Giant bubble blowing
- WA Birds of Prey display
- Bubble soccer
- Pirate Pete shows
- Rottnest Island mermaids
- Just 4 Fun Aqua Park
- Pirate Shows
- Circus performances
- Doorum dancers
- Fire truck display
- Archery Tag
- Mini Segway tours
- Pirate ship bouncy castle
- Spider mountain
- Obstacle course
- Zorb balls
- KZ Café
- SUP board activity
- Swimming & snorkelling – self guided activity
- Massage station
- Dunk tank
- Tractor train
- Stilt walkers
- Kite display
Come and learn about Quokkas and WWF’s other threatened species programs in south west WA.
- Visit Pirate Panda
- Black-flanked rock-wallaby & joey photo board
- Panda and rock-wallaby face mask making
Competition details available soon.
Carnivale By Night (5pm - late) - A fine evening of food and entertainment
From 5pm til late, watch as the Island transforms into a fine evening of food and entertainment. Put on your spookiest outfit and join us on a Trick or Treat tour, take part in a "best dressed competition" or relax under the stars at the outdoor cinema. Various venues throughout the island will also be hosting festivities.
- Dancing and music
- Trick or treat crafts and bag making
- Trick or treat tour with all businesses offering lollies
- Best dressed Halloween competition
- Halloween Face Painting
- Roving Halloween games and activities
- Evening walks and tours - lighthouse, wildlife, Ghosts and Mysteries Tour
- Halloween Carnivale photobooth
Zombie Silent Disco Zone
What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? Join the other zombies at a silent disco where music takes over your mind and control of your body!
- Halloween themed food village from 5pm
- Halloween themed long table dinner
Outdoor Cinema Zone at Heritage Common Lawn
Grab some snacks from the Settlement Food Village and bring your picnic blanket for a charming evening under the stars. This year the Outdoor Cinema will featuring a scary classic (PG) the whole family can enjoy.
Hotel Rottnest Zone
A range of drinks will be on offer on the night thanks to some spooky Specialty Bars and a spell-binding DJ will be hitting the decks between 8.00pm - 11.00pm.
Other Food & Beverage Zones
...to be announced soon!
Return ferry fares from Fremantle (BShed & Northport terminals). Rottnest Express is offering same day return ferries departing regularly throughout the whole day. Book now for an exciting day of family fun at www.rottnestexpress.com.au or call the friendly sales team on 1300 GO ROTTO (1300 467 688).
Fremantle Parking Options
Available at both Fremantle Terminals; with secure day parking at the Northport Terminal from just $12 and public parking at the B Shed Terminal in Victoria Quay from $10 per day. BShed Terminal is also easily accessible by public transport.
Rottnest Fast Ferries
Return ferries available from Hillarys Boat Harbour. Travel to the Island for just $39 from Hillarys Boat Harbour and enjoy free parking at the ferry terminal. For details, visit www.rottnestfastferries.com or call the helpful reservation team on (08) 9246 1039. View the Rottnest Fast Ferries timetable.
Hillarys Parking Options:
Enjoy free all-day parking at Hillarys Boat Harbour.
- Hotel Rottnest
- Rottnest Lodge
- Aristos Waterfront Restaurant
- Geordie Bay Café
- The Lane Café
- Rottnest Island Country Club
- Segway Tours WA
- Rottnest Bakery & Café
- Rottnest Island Pedal & Flipper
- Rottnest Voluntary Guides Association
- Pelagic Operations
- Dome Rottnest
- Rottnest Air Taxi
- Simmos Icecream
- Quokka Joes
- Programmed Facility Management