Permanent - Full Time About the Role
PSGOGA Level 3 $62,894 to $68,287 per annum plus super
ROTTNEST ISLAND AUTHORITY
The Marketing Assistant works closely with the Marketing Manager to implement the marketing strategy for Rottnest Island. The role is heavily focused on communicating the message that Rottnest Island is a must visit destination and increasing visitor numbers through engagement with existing, lapsed and new visitors. . The position is one of a team of four who individually and collaboratively make a major contribution to the strategy that supports the Rottnest Island experience.
About the Rottnest Island Authority
Rottnest, Western Australia’s very own Island getaway featuring picturesque scenery and some of the world's finest beaches and bays, is located just 19 kilometres off the coast of Fremantle.
The Island is an ‘A Class Reserve” and the Rottnest Island Authority’s role is to:
- Provide and operate recreational and holiday facilities on the island;
- Protect the Island’s flora and fauna; and
- Maintain and protect the Island’s natural environment and man-made resources.
To find out more please read the attached Job Application guidelines or visit our websitewww.rottnestisland.com
. Work Benefits and Other Conditions
Our employees have access to a range of benefits including:
- Flexible working hours.
- Convenient location to the Fremantle train station.
- Generous leave entitlements including 4 weeks annual leave, 3 weeks paid personal leave, including family carer's leave and 13 weeks long service leave.
- Salary/remuneration packaging (e.g. novated lease for vehicle, laptop computer or superannuation)Employee Benefits Program.
- A range of health and wellbeing initiatives including employee assistance program and reimbursement of optical expenses.
- A variety of professional development and training opportunities.
Eligibility for employment at Rottnest Island Authority is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
As per the Public Sector Standards, Rottnest Island Authority has a four day breach claim period for vacancies advertised under the Employment Standard. More information regarding the breach claim period is available at: www.publicsector.wa.gov.au
Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy, it may also be used to fill other "similar" vacancies throughout the Rottnest Island Authority.
Further Job Information
The Job Description Form (JDF) provides details about the duties and responsibilities of this position.
If you would like more information about this position please contact Kristina Coli, Marketing Manager on 9432 9126.
How To Apply
Please read the Application Information document for detailed information regarding applying for this position.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply for a position with the Rottnest Island Authority.
Applicants are required to apply online and need to submit:
- Current Resume including two (2) professional referees.
- A statement of claims addressing the Selection Criteria.
We are interested in how your skills, knowledge and experience indicate your ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position. Your responses and resume will be assessed by the selection panel with reference to the Selection Criteria as the basis for shortlisting.
To submit your application, please click here
. If you are experiencing any technical difficulties, please contact L’aria Vergottini, Human Resources Officer on 9432 9305. Applications close: 6 December 2013 5:00pm (WST)