Rottnest Island Authority Accommodation Terms and Conditions of Booking
1. BookingsMay be transferred to another registered guest with at least 24 hours written notice. The registered guest must be over 18 years of age and spend each night in the accommodation for the duration of the booking. Photo identification and a valid credit card will be required when the key is collected. Information relating to bookings will not be released to a third party under any circumstances.
Bookings with a balance owing require final payment no less than 30 days prior to the date of arrival. Unless advised otherwise, the customer approves the Rottnest Island Authority to charge the credit card provided for the booking for any balance owing by the applicable due date. Non-payment will result in the booking being cancelled with applicable fees charged and any balance refunded.
a) Written or email notice of alterations and cancellations must be provided for all bookings except for those cancelled in person in which case appropriate identification will be required.
b) Where booking dates are amended within 30 days of arrival, standard cancellation fees will apply. Any change to a booking less than 48 hours prior to arrival will result in full cancellation fee. If booking dates are changed more than 30 days prior to arrival and the value of the booking is reduced, standard cancellation fees will apply.
c) During Holiday Peak periods (eg Summer and Easter holidays), shortening of a booking is not permitted.
d) Where the booking dates are cancelled in part or full, the following fees will apply dependant on notice provided;
- More than 30 days prior to arrival: $55 fixed charge or 50% of the cost of the first night of the stay (whichever is the lowest) will be retained.
- 3 - 30 days prior to arrival: 100% of the cost of the first night of the stay will be retained.
- Less than 48 hours prior to 2pm check-in time: Full payment will be retained.
e) If government restrictions do not allow for a guest to physically travel to the island, applicable bookings may be transferred to an alternative date (subject to availability) without the application of transfer or cancellation fees. If applicable guests do not wish, or are unable, to transfer their booking to another available date, a 100% refund will be made of the deposit paid. Please note that this does not apply if guests change their mind or choose not to visit the island, where normal cancellation charges will apply.
3. RelocationUnder exceptional circumstances the RIA reserves the right to relocate a booking to a suitable alternative of similar type.
4. Credit Card SuretyIt is a condition of tenancy that the occupant provides a valid credit card preauthorisation to the RIA and agrees to allow any cost for which they are liable under the tenancy to be levied against this credit card. Security deposits are required during certain periods.
5. Occupancy LimitsTents: Maximum two tents per site with a maximum total of 6 people per site.
Governors Circle, Caroline Thomson Cabins, Kingstown Dormitories and Hostel: Only 1 person per bed. Additional beds are not available.
Premium Units, Villas and Cottages: Maximum of 1 person per fixed bed plus 50% (e.g. in a 4 bed unit, the number of occupants must not exceed 6).
The RIA reserves the right to adjust occupancy limits during specified periods.
6. Quiet TimesAll visitors are required to respect the rights of others to enjoy the Island at all times and to observe a “quiet” time of 11pm - 7am in all areas, except:
- Kingstown and Governors Circle: “Quiet” time of 9pm - 9am applies.
- Camping Ground: “Quiet” time of 9pm - 7am applies.
7. Breach of Terms and ConditionsAny breach of the terms and conditions by the registered guest or other occupants may result in immediate cancellation of the tenancy without refund. Additional terms and conditions are located on the reverse of the registration card which must be signed on check-in.
8. The 5/3 Booking RuleWhen booking in advance and into a closed month, at least 5 nights must be booked in the open month to be able to book a maximum of 3 nights in the closed month. Subsequent shortening of the stay by reducing the number of nights in the open month is not permitted.
9. Perth & Peel Stay at Home / Lockdown DirectionsIn the event of the WA State Government issuing emergency directions for people in the Perth and Peel region to Stay at Home and Lockdown, the Rottnest Island Authority may close its accommodation to guests. In these circumstances guests will be required to return to the mainland as soon as possible. They will receive a 100% refund for any unused period of their stay.