Modify or cancel a booking
Please be aware that the following information applies to Rottnest Island Authority accommodation bookings.
Temporary amendment to cancellation fees
Given the exceptional circumstances of COVID-19, current bookings for Rottnest Island Authority accommodation may be changed to a future date in 2021 where available or a 100% refund given. This policy will apply for cancellation requests received up until 30 April 2020 for bookings made directly with Rottnest Island Authority. With the exception of cancellation fees, the following Standard Accommodation Booking Terms and Conditions also apply.
Rottnest Island Standard Accommodation Booking Terms & Conditions
Cancellations and modifications either in part or in full, will incur a cancellation fee dependant on the amount of notice you give us and the product and services that you have purchased.
All cancellations and administrative charges will be deducted from the total amount that you have paid for your booking, and the remainder will be refunded to the credit card.
The following is an outline of booking cancellation provisions applicable to Rottnest Island Authority’s accommodation:
- All cancellations must be made via a written notification or email, unless you are making a cancellation in person, in which case appropriate identification will be required.
- Where the booking dates are changed between 3-14 days prior to arrival standard cancellation fees apply. Any change to a booking less than 48 hours prior to arrival will result in full cancellation fee. If booking dates are changed more than 14 nights prior to arrival and the value of the booking is reduced standard cancellation fees will apply.
- Set booking dates apply to the January, Easter school holidays and part of December.
- For cancellations made in part or in full more than 14 days after making a booking and:
- More than 180 nights prior to arrival: $55 fixed charge or 50% of the cost of one night of the stay (whichever is the lowest) will be retained (cost based on first night of stay)
- 15 - 180 nights prior to arrival: 50% of the cost of one night of the stay will be retained (cost based on first night of stay)
- 3 – 14 days prior to arrival: The cost of the first night of the stay will be retained
- Less than 48 hours prior to 2pm check-in time: full payment will be retained
Key holder name changes
- Written confirmation of the change of registered guest must be supplied from the original key holder within 24 hours of arrival date.
- Changes to key holder details such as address or contact numbers will not incur any fee.
Credit card surety
It is a condition of tenancy that the occupant provides a valid credit card pre-authorisation to the RIA and agrees to allow any cost for which they are liable under the tenancy, to be levied against this credit.
Security deposits are required during certain periods; you will be advised of this at your time of booking.
Under exceptional circumstances, the Rottnest Island Authority reserves the right to relocate a booking to a house of similar type.