Rottnest Island Pedal & Flipper
Discover Rottnest Island by bicycle and experience over 63 beaches and 20 bays as you explore this unique A Class Reserve. Cycling is environmentally friendly and a fun recreational activity for all ages. As Rottnest Island has essentially no cars, cycling is one of the best ways to get around the Island.
Guests staying in RIA Accommodation wishing to hire a bike for more than one day can do so by calling Reservations on 9432 9111 (Mon-Fri 8.30am to 5.00pm)
Explore over 22 kilometres of suggested cycle trails, taking in the unique coastline, wildlife and visiting attractions at your leisure. Cycle to the top of Oliver Hill or visit the Wadjemup Lighthouse for spectacular views of the island and Indian Ocean. Venture out to West End, stopping at Cathedral Rocks to see the resident fur seals, or spot a rare osprey near Parker Point. With affordable bike hire options for everyone, you can choose to see the entire island in a day, or a week!
Important Information for Hirers
- The person signing the hire agreement must be 18 years of age or over.
- Booked online? You will need to bring your credit or debit card for verification, along with your confirmation email and proof of identification.
- Bicycle helmets are required by law; these are supplied with all equipment hired.
- For safety reasons, our equipment is not suitable for infants under 12 months. Maximum weight restrictions apply to child trailers and baby seats.
We do not attach private child trailers to our bikes.
- Please contact Pedal & Flipper in regards to children 5 years and over who require training wheels on their hire bikes. To avoid disappointment, please check with us prior to your visit regarding your individual requirements.
- Please note, as a bike hire service, we unfortunately don’t have options for visitors who cannot ride bikes. Tricycles and tandems are not deemed a safe option for those who cannot ride. View hop on/hop off bus options for getting around the Island.
- Please view our full Terms and Conditions.
How to find us
Rottnest Island Pedal & Flipper is located on Bedford Avenue, just behind Hotel Rottnest.
Open every day of the year. Opening hours vary seasonally.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my personal electric bicycle to Rottnest Island?
Electric bicycles are permitted on Rottnest Island in accordance with the requirements of the Road Traffic Code 2000. To be compliant, electric bicycles must have a maximum power output of 250 watts and not be ridden by persons under 16 years. Penalties can be imposed for non-compliance.
Rottnest Island Country Club
Originally built in 1961, the Rottnest Island Country Club has provided golfers with a thrilling 9-hole layout for over 50 years. In mid-2013 the golf course underwent the most impressive refurbishment in its history, labelled by some as the greatest enhancement to Rottnest Island in its history.
The original sand greens and artificial tee boxes made way for new grass greens and tees, designed by renowned Australian architect Ben Davey.
These new renovations have given the Country Club a new lease of life, with multiple teeing positions on all 9 holes providing golfers of all abilities an enjoyable experience whether playing 9 or 18 holes.
In addition to the golf course, lies an artificial lawn bowling green, clubhouse and full function facilities. Come and experience one of Western Australia’s most unique golf courses, in the idyllic setting of Rottnest Island.
The Country Club is now managed by the Rottnest Island Authority. View course map.
Rottnest Island Course Overview
The fairways have been completely replaced and replanted with grasses suitable for the arid circumstances of an Island golf course. The putting greens have been re designed and the sand greens as they were, are now, as they should be, green.
The now family friendly bowling green has been upgraded and re-surfaced and is available every day of the week. Come out and hire the bowls and create your own family competition whilst you are staying on the Island.
The air-conditioned clubhouse contains a fully stocked pro-shop, with a variety of merchandise for sale. A large range of hire equipment is available for hire. The Country Club is also home to a full-sized synthetic bowling rink and putting green, with all equipment available for hire.
Bookings recommended, phone 0439 090 513 or email Scott.email@example.com
10.00am to 4.00pm daily with the clubhouse being closed on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Corporate Golf or Bowls
- We can create a completely customised event to suit you.We can recommend certain activities and features based on our knowledge.
- We will take care of all the complexities associated with your event.
- You can simply relax and enjoy the company of your guests.
- Lawn Bowls is a great group activity! The country club has a 7 rink synthetic green (under lights). We have BBQ facility’s available to cater for your groups requirements be it a basic or gourmet style BBQ.
- 9 Hole Championship Golf Course
- The Des Sullivan Room – 196 square meters of privacy
- Fully integrated projector and AV system – ideal for presentations
- Outdoor Alfresco area with seating
- Large Artificial Lawn Bowling Green under lights – perfect for team events!
- Conference & Function Menu
We have two areas for hire, the upstairs area has a capacity to comfortably seat 80-100 people and is equipped with all AV requirements, white boards, flip charts and Tea and Coffee making facility’s. The room has reverse cycle air-conditioning and over head fans and is by far the coolest venue on the Island. We also have a dance floor available for hire.
The down stairs area is covered by a gazebo and can accommodate 50 (seated) and 200+ people (standing). It has beautiful views of the lush green surrounds of the golf course and our 7 rink lawn bowling green which is under lights. The area is equipped with a PA system for speeches and entertaining.
Alfresco area and lawn Bowls day or night: 7 rink synthetic bowling green under lights, equipment hire inclusive in hourly charges.
We invite you to come and experience one of Western Australia’s most unique golf courses, in the idyllic setting of Rottnest.
Western Australia's only island skydive experience!
Tandem skydive from 15,000feet over stunning Rottnest Island, land on the beach, and afterwards enjoy a complimentary drink to celebrate!
It’s the adrenaline rush you’ve been looking for!
Enjoy a 20-minute scenic flight as you cruise up to your chosen jump altitude, with amazing views over Rottnest Island. The adrenaline starts pumping as you leave the aircraft and free-fall at 124-mph (200km/h) for up to 66 seconds. GERONIMO! Once you reach 5000-feet your instructor will deploy your parachute, allowing you to sit-back and catch your breath and take in the view, while you fly expertly back to the ground for your beach landing.
10,000ft Tandem Skydive - $349
14,000ft Tandem Skydive - $449
15,000ft Tandem Skydive - $499
Skydiving is weather dependent. Min age 12 years. Bookings essential!
- Scenic flight to altitude
- 30-66 seconds heart-pumping freefall
- 4-5 minute parachute ride
- Complimentary drink at Hotel Rottnest
- Experienced, professional, friendly Tandem Master
- Full safety briefing
- All necessary equipment
- Professional Video and photo packages available
- Transport to Rottnest island
- All skydive bookings are subject to weather conditions.
- Minimum age: 12yrs old (all under 18s must have written Parent/Guardian consent)
- Weight limit applies. Please contact us for further information.
- Wheelchair accessible, please contact us to enquire about skydiving.
- Subject to skydive terms & conditions and the completion of disclaimer.
Please call and book now on 1300 449 669
Just 4 Fun Aqua Park
Climb, Jump, Slide‘n'Splash at Just 4 Fun Aqua Park for all ages! Inflatable floating water park based in Thomson Bay.•Slides
•Knee deep park for the little one’s (7 years and under)
Just 4 Fun is also great fun for families, birthday parties, school groups, corporate team-building sessions and bucks or hens days.
(Bookings only required for groups of 10 or more)
|Just 4 Fun Aqua Park
||Little Kid’s Knee Deep Park|
|30 minutes: $13.00
|| 30 minutes: $7:50
| 1 hour: $20.00
|| 1 hour: $13.00
Season open 28th October 2017
(Excluding Christmas Day and Good Friday)
Family Fun Park & Mini Golf
Challenge your friends or family to a round of mini golf. Jump on the trampolines and play our prize redemption arcade games.
Open every day with classic pin-ball machines available to entertain children of all ages. In keeping with our ‘nostalgic’ theme we have pinball machines, Pac-man, Space Invaders and even Air Hockey. The latest addition to our games is ‘Giant Chess’ so come down and book a game for the whole family.
Also enjoy homemade crepes, coffee, waffle cones with connoisseur ice-cream, cold drinks and more.
Mini Putt-Putt Prices:
- Adult: $9
- Child (under $16) and Seniors: $5
- Family (2 Adults + 2 Children): $24
- $5 for 15 minutes
Open daily from 9.00am - 5.00pm
Watch the latest release blockbuster movies at the Rottnest Island Picture Hall. Session times and movie guide available from the Fun Park and Visitor Centre.
Cash only. Candy bar available serving fresh popcorn, homemade choc bombs, confectionary, drinks and more!
Rottnest Movies Prices:
Child (under 16) and Seniors: $10
Family (2 Adults + 2 Children): $40
If you would like to make a booking or have any queries regarding movie screenings, please phone: +61 8 9292 5156.
School Holiday Activities
School Holiday Activity Program
Every school holidays the Rottnest Island Authority together with the Rottnest Voluntary Guides Association offer a program of activities and tours that will get you out exploring and learning about Rottnest’s natural environment and interesting history.
Fill your day with some great fun packed activities throughout the school holidays offered by the Rottnest Voluntary Guides and some extra special activities hosted by Rottnest Island Staff reflecting our island theme.
Mingle with pirates, create quokka masks and learn about the Island’s natural environment and fascinating history. Suitable for children of any age – even adults who are young at heart!
View the September 2017 School Holiday Activity Program
Please note: School Holiday Programs will always be available to download just prior to the conclusion of each school term.