Boat Mooring and Jetty Pen Rentals
The Rottnest Island Authority has a variety of marine hire facilities to accommodate different types and sizes of vessels. These include swing moorings (7m – 40m), jetty pens (7.5m -16m) and beach pen (8m).
These facilities are rented on a 24hrs basis 10.00am to 10.00am, and bookings can be made up to three calendar months + 6 nights in advance. Visitors booking beach and jetty pens need to supply their own mooring lines. Please be aware that during school holidays, Christmas and special events these facilities are in heavy demand.
Click here to book your marine hire facilities using our online booking system. You will need your vessel registration details, beam, draft and tonnage details, and also be asked to confirm your insurance details. Booking online allows you to complete the transaction online and the Rangers receive your booking advice. You will just need to take your booking confirmation advice with you.
Should you be unable to access the internet booking system or are not comfortable with booking online, you can contact Rottnest Island Reservations (+61 8 9432 9111) Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5.00pm or the Rottnest Island Visitors Centre (+61 8 9372 9730) 7 days a week between 8.30am and 4.30pm. By doing this it will be necessary for you to attend the Rottnest Visitors Centre on the island on arrival to sign agreements and collect a rental sticker.
Mooring Map Information
Rental Moorings Map
Moorings Maps of Boating Bays
Swing Mooring Rentals
Moorings to suit vessels of various sizes are available in Thomson, Geordie and Longreach Bays per day from 10am - 10am. Please note that moorings are not to be used until mooring rental fee has been paid. Use of moorings or pens without permission can incur an on-the-spot fine.
- Thomson Bay 34 swing moorings 8m-40m
- Geordie Bay 4 swing moorings 8m–14m
- Longreach Bay 4 swing moorings 12m-14m
Jetty Pen Rentals
Pens are available on three jetties in Thomson Bay. You will need to supply your own mooring lines.
- Stark Jetty (located north of the main ferry jetty) has five pens suitable for cabin cruiser type vessels of approximately 7 metres with a maximum draft of 0.5 metres.
- Fuel Jetty (south of the ferry jetty) has 11 pens suitable for craft to approximately 7.5 metres, and 15 pens for larger craft from ten to 15.5 metres. Several have sufficient draft to accommodate yachts.
- Hotel Jetty has 6 pens of up to 8.0 metres configured 3 per side. The “T” section of the jetty is a 20 minute loading area only. 8.0 metre vessels are permitted to tie up to the other mooring points along either side of the jetty closer to the beach for a maximum 2 hour stay between 6am and midnight.
- Bathurst Beach Pens Mediterranean-style system of beach pens are available on the beachfront in the north (Bathurst) area of Thomson Bay, for vessels up to 7.5 metres with a shallow draft. 30 beach pens are available.
Rental Mooring and Jetty Pen Fees (as of July 2014)
| || ||Low ||Shoulder ||High ||Holiday Peak |
|Beach Pens ||7.5m ||$15.50 ||$33.00 ||$38.00 ||$38.00 |
|Small Jetty Pens ||7.5m ||$15.50 ||$33.00 ||$38.00 ||$38.00 |
|Large Jetty Pens ||16m ||$21.50 ||$43.00 ||$54.00 ||$54.00 |
|Hotel Jetty Pens ||8m ||$21.50 ||$43.00 ||$54.00 ||$54.00 |
|Swing Mooring ||<15m ||$21.50 ||$43.00 ||$58.00 ||$63.00 |
|Swing Mooring ||15m to 20m ||$42.00 ||$65.00 ||$93.00 ||$101.50 |
|Swing Mooring ||20m to 40m ||$63.50 ||$87.00 ||$127.00 ||$127.00 |
See seasonal dates here.
See Terms and Conditions for Marine Hire Facilities.
Group Events - Advanced bookings
Bookings for marine rental facilities can be made in advance of three months for those groups who have registered an event with the Rottnest Island Authority. Please contact the Events Coordinator to register your event on 9432 9300.