DRAFT ROTTNEST ISLAND MANAGEMENT PLAN 2014-19
A 20 Year Vision
The Rottnest Island Authority (RIA) is developing a new Rottnest Island Management Plan (RIMP) to guide its management of the Island from 2014 to 2019. The Draft Rottnest Island Management Plan 2014-19 was released on 7 April 2014 for a period of two months public comment.
The draft Management Plan can be viewed here or inspected at the RIA Offices at Fremantle (E Shed, Victoria Quay), the Rottnest Island Visitor Centre, and at selected libraries across Perth including the State Library, and Midland, Rockingham, Armadale and Scarborough libraries.
Submissions have now closed.
The RIA will now consider all comments before the draft Plan is finalised. The Management Plan will be reviewed according to the criteria below. A summary of submissions will be published on the RIA’s website, with an indication of how the Plan was amended or not amended in response to the submissions. The RIMP 2014-19 will be submitted to the Minister for Tourism for endorsement before being released.
Criteria for considering submissions:
1. The draft Management Plan may be amended if a submission:
- provides additional information of direct relevance to management;
- indicates a change in or clarifies government legislation, management policy or commitment;
- proposes strategies that would better achieve the management objectives; or
- indicates omissions or lack of clarity.
2. The draft Management Plan may not be amended if a submission:
- addresses issues beyond the scope of the Plan;
- makes points that are already in the Plan or were considered during its preparation;
- makes points which are operational rather than strategic in nature; or
- contributes options that are not possible due to legislation, government policy or funding requirements.