Travel to Rottnest Island is subject to the WA COVID-19 Safety Guidelines, which may change. Always check the latest advice before you travel at WA.gov.au.
Being COVID safe is a shared responsibility so please read on for the safe practises that we ask you to follow.
Before You TravelYou should not visit Rottnest Island if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms or if you are feeling unwell
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or are waiting on COVID-19 test results
- Are required to self-isolate or quarantine
When you arriveTraveller obligations for contact registration
The WA Government requires relevant businesses and venues to keep a contact register for staff and patrons. When you visit Rottnest Island, businesses that are required to comply with contact registration will have public signage and directions on how to provide your details.
Download the SafeWA app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store now.
Additional ways to be COVID Safe
- Practise physical distancing, where possible, especially when eating, drinking and waiting in line
- Use the hand sanitiser and hand wash facilities at venues and public spaces
- Listen to and comply with the instructions of staff
- Use cashless payment where possible
- Comply with the maximum capacity requirements applicable in shops, tours, restaurants and other venues
If you start to feel unwell with flu-like symptoms while at Rottnest Island, you should return to the mainland immediately to get tested for COVID-19 and to self-isolate at home in line with the Department of Health advice. Ensure you wear a face mask and practice physical distancing while in transit.
How we are being COVID safe at Rottnest IslandThe wellbeing of everyone in our Rottnest Island community, including our guests, is of the highest priority. We’ve put measures in place to help you to travel safe at Rottnest Island, to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and community.
- Rottnest Island Authority has developed an in-depth COVID Safety Plan for its public spaces, public amenities, accommodation, and other venues to comply with government requirements.
- COVID safety equipment and procedures are used by Rottnest Island Authority staff and volunteers that interact directly with customers e.g. security and visitor centre staff.
- We conduct frequent cleaning of public and high traffic areas.
- Contact tracing is conducted with the SafeWA app or contact register as per government requirements at Rottnest Island Authority venues throughout the island.
- Rottnest Island Authority staff members and volunteers who operate in high contact areas have completed hospitality hygiene training.
Cancellations due to COVID-19Please check the terms and conditions of transport, tour and accommodation providers directly, should you need to postpone or cancel existing arrangements as a result of this announcement.
For further information regarding bookings with Rottnest Island Authority Accommodation, please see here.
Last updated: 12 July 2021