Stay Rottnest Campground
Reconnect with nature as you sleep under the stars and wake up to the gentle sound of the waves.
Located close to the main settlement, just a short stroll from one of the island's most famous beaches, Stay Rottnest Campground invites you back to nature to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Rottnest Island.
43 non-powered sand covered campsites are available, accommodating up to a maximum of six people and two tents each, along with wheelchair-accessible ablution blocks. You’ll have access to a communal camp kitchen with cooking facilities including four barbecue plates and troughs, with a further two freestanding barbecues also available.
- Check-in can be carried out at the Visitor Centre from 10 am where the registered guest will be required to show photo ID and provide a physical credit card
- The registered guest must be over 18 years of age
- No alcohol will be delivered to the campground
- Open flames, personal camp BBQs and outdoor stoves are not permitted
- Visitors found camping outside the campground may receive an infringement from the rangers
- A maximum of two sites can be booked in one transaction
- A registration sticker will be provided on check-in that you must attach to your tent
- All tents must be located within the area of the site booked
- Luggage collection is from 9 am with an early pickup available for those departing on ferries before 10 am
Frequently Asked Questions
Stay Rottnest Self-Contained accommodation is available to book online, via phone on (+61) 1800 111 111, in person at the Rottnest Island Authority office at E Shed in Fremantle, and at the Visitor Centre on the island.
Bookings can be made between 24 hours and nine months in advance.
Special requests and notes are able to be placed in the booking including unit number preferences and others you may be travelling with.
Booking by phone
Same-day bookings are able to be taken over the phone on (+61) 1800 111 111.
Availability for bookings opens in monthly blocks, nine months in advance.
While you can book by calling Stay Rottnest on (+61) 1800 111 111 or visiting the Rottnest Island Authority office at E Shed, Fremantle or the Visitor Centre on the island, the simplest and most successful way is online. As demand for bookings is high, a virtual queuing system is used to ensure a smooth experience for everyone.
For more information, visit stayrottnest.com
The current Open Day schedule is:
For Stay Dates
4 January 2023
1 February 2023
1 March 2023
5 April 2023
3 May 2023
7 June 2023
5 July 2023
2 August 2023
6 September 2023
4 October 2023
1 November 2023
6 December 2023
Luggage collection is from 9 am.
An early pickup is available if requested from the Visitor Centre 24 hours before departure