Conferences and corporate functions
With a backdrop of stunning natural landscapes and beaches, Rottnest Island is the perfect location for corporate events, team building activities, workshops and retreat-style conferences. The unique Island setting, combined with a choice of meeting and conference facilities, accommodation and dining has made Rottnest Island the conference and meeting choice of organisations including:
- Ecotourism Association of Australia
- Conservation Breeding Specialists Group
- The Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Young Presidents Organisation
Rottnest Is the perfect business escape
Make business a pleasure and plan your Corporate Getaway on Rottnest Island.
There are a range of already designed packages available to choose from, or let us tailor your perfect package by calling (08) 9432 9300.
We have a range of options to suit your budget.
Step by step guide to planning your function
The Rottnest Island Authority receives many event and function requests each year. When planning your event or function it is important to note that as an “A Class Reserve” there are strict protocols which apply to all events and functions that take place on the Island and its surrounding waters.
- Complete a Function Application Form (for functions expecting less than 200 pax attending) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org with all supporting documentation and any fees applicable at least three months prior to your proposed event. If you expect more than 200 people to attend your occasion, it will be considered an Event and you are required to complete the Event Application Form.
- Choose your venue and contact directly for availability and bookings. We recommend you also confirm your accommodation, transport and catering requirements as soon as possible. If you wish to hold an outdoor function, please contact the Rottnest Island Event Coordinator on +61 8 9432 9300 or email email@example.com. Note that restrictions are placed on functions for health, safety and environmental reasons.
- Your application will be processed and you will be notified of whether it has been approved within 30 working days from receipt. Along with your approval you will receive a Compliance Form which you must sign and return to the Authority at least two months before the proposed event.
Select from an array of classic restaurants and professional venues to host your special function or event. Please note that alcohol consumption is not allowed outside licensed premises or private domiciles. Currently there are five licensed venues on the Island - Aristos Waterfront Restaurant, Hotel Rottnest, Rottnest Lodge, Rottnest Island Country Club and Dome.
The Picture Hall
The Picture Hall is suitable for groups of 50-250. This is an appropriate venue for a conference, workshops, meetings and functions. The venue is equipped with: lectern, mircrophone, small PA system, chairs, trestle tables, canvas deck chairs, and message board. Whiteboard, TV/Video and overhead projector are also available for hire.
The Peacock Inn
Located between the Barracks and Governors Circle, The Peacock Inn is suitable for groups of 25 - 40 people. This is an appropriate venue for a small conference, workshop or meeting and is an appropriate venue for classroom activities or quiz nights. The venue is equipped with: fridge, sink, running water, 2 toilets near by, undercover outdoor veranda area, whiteboard, and chairs.
Rottnest Island Country Club
The Country Club features a large meeting room, a downstairs breakout space, cutting-edge conference equipment and an outside alfresco area. The meeting room can hold up to 100 people.
With its idyllic beachfront location, Thomsons Rottnest is the perfect setting for breakfasts, lunches, sundowners, dinners & awards nights. We can seat up to 100 guests, or maximise the creative space and design by considering an interactive cocktail event for up to 280 guests. Our dedicated management team will to bring your vision to life, and tantalise your guests with delicious menu offerings.
Hotel Rottnest's new function space is the newest place to conference on Rottnest Island, boasting state-of-the-art lighting and audio visual, natural wooden floors, neutral palette walls and loads of natural sunlight. The views from the conference room look over Thomson Bay and all seating configurations include stage and audio visual for presentations. Seating style includes:
U-Shape < 52
Boardroom < 64
Classroom (4/table) < 80
Working Group (8/table) < 160
Theatre < 230
Stand up < 300
Hotel Rottnest also has The Boardroom, The Governor’s Room and The Thompson Bay Marquee. It can accommodate small intimate meetings to large multi-day conferences. With AV equipment available, fresh menu options, and 18 rooms for accommodation – Hotel Rottnest can fulfil and exceed your meeting and networking requirements.
The Capella Catamaran is a 12.5 metre state of the art, environmentally sustainable, luxury sailing catamaran that provides guests with the ultimate charter experience for both small and large groups. Capella also offers overnight onboard accommodation for 10 guests or week long live aboard cruises and is well appointed with lounged saloon, surround sound system, flat screen television, large BBQ and ice boxes. The crew can tailor a charter to suit your requirements and provide your guests with an experience they will never forget.
The Rottnest Lodge
The Rottnest Lodge can hold conferences, meetings and functions for up to 85 people. As well as facilities for seminars and conferences, the lodge offers holiday accommodation and resort style facilities.
Kingstown Barracks Rooms
Activity Rooms with kitchenette facilities are also available for hire at Kingstown. These are well equipped to host your quiz, movie or games nights or any other exciting activities you can come up with! These are available for day or evening use.
Located within the Barracks building itself, the Main Hall is suitable for larger groups of 100-150 people. This is close to the dining hall and is ideal for games nights or performances.